Jack Daniel's has become the first alcoholic beverage brand to purchase advertising on Twitter. The alcohol industries in the United States self-regulate their advertising, and require at least 70% of the audience for advertisements to be of legal drinking age. Until recently, Twitter users did not fall into this category.
According to ClickZ, the purchase included three days of a promoted trending topic, which appears in the list that Twitter provides of the most popular topics on the network, and sponsored tweets. Jack Daniel's was promoting the release of their new Tennessee Honey whiskey product.
Photo by: petroleumjelliffe
- Jack Daniel's Tennessee Honey "King Bee" Ad Features a Biker Bee
- Jack Daniel's to Release White Dog Whiskey
- Jack Daniel's "Independence" Campaign Emphasizes Americana
- WIN the Ultimate Summer Trip! Enter Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey Summer Swarm Photo Contest
- Cast Your Vote for the Jack Daniel's Summer Swarm Photo Winner!
- Josh Hutcherson Uses Fake ID to Buy Expensive Whiskey
- Tweet-a-Beer Lets You Buy Drinks for Favorite Twitter Followers
- Mellow Mushroom's "Follow Us and We'll Follow You" Campaign is Literal
- Criss Angel Unveils Orville Redenbacher's Pop Up Bowl
- McDonald's Reflective Billboard Casts a New Light on Outdoor Advertising
- Sweet Potatoes With A Jack Daniel Sauce In Wonton Baskets
- Patty's Irish Cream
- The Best Salad Dressing (You'll Never Buy Bottled Again!)
- Chicken Thighs with Homemade Barbeque Sauce
- Vegan Grilled Tomato, Basil & Pepper Jack Panini
- Jack Rose Cocktail
- Black Jack Cake
- Jack-O-Lantern Cupcakes
- Gluten Free Pepper Jack Cheese Rolls