We love snow cones! They are sweet, inexpensive, and pretty impressive for a group of kids playing in the kiddie pool. I recently found an ice shaver at the thrift store for $2.00. It certainly gets a workout around here. My youngest knows that it makes what we call snow. While she is teething, nothing hits the spot like a plain mug of snow and a giraffe spoon.
Here is a recipe for snow cone syrup. Frankly, it is just simple syrup and a package of unsweetened Kool aid. The joy is in squirting it onto a fresh cup of snow that came out of a polar bear shaped ice shaver. Just ask my crew.
I have come a long way from my own childhood, where we would put ice cubes in a bag and smash them with a hammer.
- 3 Homemade Ice Cream Cone Recipes You Must Have
- Cupcake Cones - Video
- Top 10 Tuesday: Sumptuous Sorbets
- 5 Easy Ice Cream Toppings
- Sweet Desserts: Grasshopper Dessert Squares
- What's Hot: Caramel Ice Cream
- Adorable Mint Chocolate Chip Cone Cupcakes
- 5 Smoldering S'mores Recipes for National S'mores Day
- Extremely Easy Snow Ice Cream Recipe
- Too Cute Ice Cream Cone Macarons