Denzel Washington plays a slightly boozy pilot who has to perform an emergency landing for his crashing flight in his latest film, Flight. The actor says he actually gave up drinking for the 45 days it took to shoot the movie.
"We've all tied one on," he said. "But if I had been drinking while I was shooting, it'd be harder to stay disciplined, just to get up in the morning. You are a little more hung over, grouchier. I knew this was an excellent opportunity, and a really good story. So it was something I wanted to do right."
Flight hits theaters on November 2.
- Amanda Seyfried Gave Up Dairy While Preparing for 'Les Miserables'
- Budweiser Wants Out of Movie 'Flight'
- Charlize Theron Snacked on KFC While Filming 'Young Adult'
- 'The Hipster Games' Wishes The Trends to Be Ever in Your Favor
- GMO Film Project - Video
- MoMA Food Film Series Opens in August
- The Green Dragon Inn is a Hobbit's Hideaway
- Kristen Stewart Drinks 'Snow White' Inspired Cocktail
- Beer Tasting Flight Sampling Paddle Lets You Savor Sips at Home
- Matthew McConaughey Cooks Steak for Wife While on Extreme Diet