For all us wine amateurs, it's hard to hide just how much of a novice you are when tasting wine in public. But there is now an easy solution! The below infographic provides a step-by-step of how to taste wine the right way.
First, observe the wine. The color will give your an indication of the type of grapes that were used. Next, swirl the wine in your glass to open up the aromas. Then, smell the wine long enough to come up with three descriptors for it. Finally, take a small sip of the wine to detect sweet, bitter, salty or sour tastes.
Learn more about wine tasting in the infographic below.
- Infographic: Understanding Green Wines for Earth Day and Every Day
- Infographic: Foods That Will Help You Sleep Like a Baby
- Community Spotlight: Twitter FoodistaChat With Wine Expert Jameson Fink
- 10-Year-Old Kogoma Niikura is Japan's Youngest Credentialed Sake Expert
- Learn About Wine By Watching Experts Blind Taste
- The Tipsy Wine Testing Glass Facilitates Tasting
- Infographic: What's Your Coffee Personality?
- Infographic: How Much Does The Farmer Really Make?
- Infographic: How Home Cooks Fire Up for Grill Season
- Mario Batali Releases Wine Collection with TastingRoom.com
- Sauteed Italian Spring Greens: Looks like Grass, Tastes like Spinach but better!
- Video: How to Make Italian Coffee at Home
- Fresh Fig Cake With Amaretto Fig Compote And 2 Great Dessert Wines
- Who Says They Don’t Like Cauliflower: Roasted Cauliflower and Poblano Pepper Soup
- Sangria For Summertime
- Beef Empañadas & Romesco Sauce
- Lemon Dressing For Fruit Salad
- Chicken With Grilled Onions and Sumac
- Frozen Wine Slushie