We all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day yet most of us skip it. Having a good morning meal gives you energy to jump start your day by fueling your brain and your body. While a diner style breakfast with eggs, bacon, hash browns and toast is good every once in awhile, your first meal should be healthy and help sustain your throughout the morning. Choose meals that contain lean proteins, whole grains, fruits, and low fat dairy products. These three breakfast recipes are not only delicious but nutritious too.
Pancakes can be healthy, especially when they are made with shredded zucchini, whole wheat flour and Greek yogurt. They are soft and fluffy and each bite will have you wanting more. Serve with a drizzle of dark maple syrup and a handful of late summer berries. You can also make these pancakes with shredded carrots as well.
Cinnamon swirl chocolate banana bread proves that breakfast can be decadent and healthy. These bars are gluten-free and paleo which means they don't contain any wheat, processed oils, or refined sugars. The basis of this bread is espresso flavored protein powder which helps you feel full and satisfied throughout the morning.
Mango coconut chia pudding is an easy gluten-free and vegan breakfast. Chia seeds are combined with coconut milk, shredded coconut, maple syrup, and vanilla extract and left to sit until it becomes thick. The pudding is then layered with bright yellow cubes of sweet mango. To pump up the protein, you can blend extra soft tofu with the coconut milk prior to mixing it with the chia seeds.
- Gluten Free + Allergy Friendly Thanksgiving Desserts
- Friday Fun Links: Gluten Free Week-in Review
- 5 Must Try Gluten Free Pumpkin Recipes - GFCF
- Happy Waffle Day!
- Last Minute Vegan Gluten Free Desserts
- 3 Minute Cranberry Relish - No Cooking Required
- Gluten Free Vegan Dark Chocolate Chipotle Cake
- 5 Perfect Vegan Pumpkin Recipes
- Gluten Free Vegan Bourbon Pumpkin Pie
- Decadent & Healthy Vegan Chocolate Pudding
- Baked Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Easy Breakfast Cookie
- Blueberry Chia-Poppy Seed Loaf - Gluten and Dairy Free
- Poached Pears with Chocolate Ganache
- Baked Pumpkin French Toast - gluten free, dairy free, soy free
- Creamy Artichoke Dip with Dill
- Simple and Satisfying: Stuffed Peppers
- Old School Vegan Egg Salad
- Eggs With Ham and Asparagus Casserole
- Lemon Blueberry Biscuits