A pie is a baked dish which is usually made of a pastry dough casing that covers or completely contains a filling of various sweet or savory ingredients. Pies can be either "filled", where a dish is covered by pastry and the filling is placed on top of that, "top-crust," where the filling is placed in a dish and covered with a pastry/potato mash top before baking, or "two-crust," with the filling completely enclosed in the pastry shell.
A pie is usually round, has a crust and a filling, and sometimes a crust on the top as well. They can also be topped with whipped-cream or meringue.
Selecting and Buying
- Meat Pie: A Shepherd's Pie
- "Judi Pie" Pie Crust
- Perfect Pie Crust In A Classic Apple Pie
- Pumpkin Pie vs. Pecan Pie
- The Cookbook Collector: United States of Pie + Blackberry Jam Pie
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie & Perfect Pie Crust
- World's Best Triple Coconut Cream Pie for National Pie Day!
- Classic Peach Pie and Other Summer Fruit Pies
- Frozen Pink Lemonade Pie and More No-Bake Pies
- Political Pie