Chinese Rose Wine
A clear sorghum liquor distilled with rock sugar and rose petals, about 46%% alcohol. It is primarily used in cooking, though it is also hailed as "China's Brandy" and used in cocktails.
The wine is sold in glass bottles and is a clear liquid.
Selecting and Buying
Preparation and Use
Used to flavor dishes like roasted pork, and in cocktails. Here is a cocktail recipe:
Night rose -
½ rose wine
Add to crushed ice, stir, and serve in short glass.
Conserving and Storing
Store with the lid closed tightly in a cool, dark cabinet away from a heat source.
- Wine Culture Developing in China
- Steak And Pepper Rounds With Rose Horseradish Garlic Creme Sauce
- xiao xing wine
- Infographic: Wine for the Holidays Shows Little Love for Rosé
- 5 Sparkling Rosés To Create New Year's Eve Fireworks
- 5 Refreshing Rosés Brighten Taste Washington 2012
- Sparkling Rosé is Everywhere
- Crazy Wine Pairings: Strawberries, Sardines, and Sparkling Rosé
- Thirsty Thursday: 10 Great Rosés Under $10
- Thirsty Thursday: Sangria Poptails 5 Ways