A dairy product of churned milk or cream, usually from cows. Butter is used as a spread and in cooking, for sautéing, frying, and baking. It remains solid when refrigerated, but softens at room temperature and melts at high heat. Commercial butter is about 80%% butterfat and 15%% water.
India produces and consumes more butter than any other country, followed by the U.S. and then France.
- Overnight Whole-Wheat Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Filling and Chocolate-Peanut Butter Frosting
- Grilled Skirt Steak with Lemon Scallion Butter Sauce
- Butter Never Had it So Good
- Peanut Butter Banana Cookies With Chocolate Chips
- Peanut Butter Cookie Cake
- Fettuccine With Spinach, Butter and Cream
- Seared Chicken Breasts With Cranberry Pecan Butter
- Peanut Butter Cream Frosting
- Lemon Butter Spread
- Sweet Potato Gnocchi With Pecans and Brown Butter