Mustard Oil is the oil of the mustard seed, and is usually used in stir-frys. It's scent is strong and irritating like wasabi and has a hot and nutty taste.
It is used in South Asian countries, in Northern India it is used mainly to fry fritters. In other parts of IndiaThe Bengalese use it mostly for cooking.
Mustard oil nutrional make up is: 60%% monounsaturated fatty acids of which 42%% erucic acid and 12%% oleic acid, it has 21%% polyunsaturates of which 6%% is the omega-3 alpha-linolenic acid and 15%% omega-6 linoleic acid and it has 12%% saturated fats.
- Green Chilli Pickle -North Indian Style
- Must-Read Blog Posts: Exciting Dishes from the East
- Ginger Lemongrass Salmon En Papillote
- Addicting Peanut Butter Noodles
- Mustard Info
- Satisfying Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes
- DIY: How to Make Amazing Infused Oils at Home
- Stuffed Okra-North Indian Style
- Crispy Cauliflower Tempura Tacos
- 5 Must-Haves for Your Chinese Pantry