A bitter vegetable commonly used in South and Southeast Asia, China, Caribbean, and Africa. Resembling a bumpy skinned cucumber, the melon is usually green in color, though sometimes yellow or orange.
Bitter melon is believed to aide in digestion and to combat malaria.
Preparation and Use
To help remove the bitter taste, after chopping the bitter melon, you can soak it in water with a little salt for at least 30 minutes.
- Crispy Fried Bitter Melon
- Braised Bitter Greens
- Karela Sabji - Bitter Gourd Stirfry !
- 4 Fab Ways to Prepare Broccoli Rabe
- Luscious Lemon Garlic Broccoli Rabe
- Round Tong Qwa Winter Melon
- What does Blat mean in Catalonian?
- What to do when you had too much at Tales of the Cocktail
- White Whiskey, Cynar, Poteen and some twisted ways to enjoy them
- What is it about Rum and Bitters?