Green Cardamom Pod
The green cardamom pod has a strong, unique taste, and, is intensely aromatic. This small, triangular seedpod has a thin outer shell; may be used whole (the whole pod) or ground. Most often cardamom is used in baking or as an ingredient in every type of Indian cooking.
It is most popularly used in India, Sri Lanka, Iran, and Saudi Arabia. It's also popular in North and East Africa. It's used in both sweet and savory dishes. In sweet dishes the seeds inside the pod are usually ground into a fine powder. In savory dishes the seeds are used, sometimes ground.
The scent of cardamom is very distinct and revered as a calming smell. It is used in aromatherapy and suggested to be placed on the bottom shelves of a kitchen as a calming effect.
- White Cardamom Pod
- INDIAN 5-SPICE TOMATO RELISH
- Green Chilli Pickle -North Indian Style
- Black Cardamom
- Kahwa (Spiced Aromatic Kashmiri Tea)
- Green Chillies In A Peanut Sesame Sauce
- Island Haddock simmered in a spicey green curry sauce, inspired by P.E.I.
- Fenugreek Leaf
- Best Ever Basil Recipes
- 3 Things You Didn't Know About Cilantro + 5 Great Recipes