Rice noodles are made from rice flour and water, though sometimes corn starch or tapioca is added to increase the chewy texture. They are common in East and Southeast Asian cuisines, such as Thai and Vietnamese.
Rice noodles are long-shaped. They are either flat or round.
Selecting and Buying
Preparation and Use
Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add salt and remove from heat. Add noodles and cook for about 5 minutes.
Conserving and Storing
Rice noodles can be stored in a dry cool place.
- Addicting Peanut Butter Noodles
- Poppin' Peanut and Tofu Noodles
- Easy Asian Beef and Noodle Salad
- Meatless Monday: Caramelized Tofu with Rice Noodles
- Jarred Asian Noodle Salad
- Wheatless Wednesdays: Gluten-Free Beef with Rice Noodles
- Quick and Easy Sesame Noodles
- Vietnamese Pho: Rice Noodle and Beef Soup
- Refreshing Rice Noodle Salad with Mango and Snow Peas
- Easy Weeknight Dinner Recipe: Miso, Fish and Rice Stick Noodle Soup