• Preheat oven to 350 degrees (180 C).
• Cream together butter, sugar, brown sugar
• Create a bowl in the center of the creamed mixture, beat the egg and then blend the egg and vanilla into this mixture.
• In another bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add to creamed mixture.
• Add oats, chocolate chips, .
• Next, Selma says to chill the dough for 1 hour, and put walnut sized pieces on a baking sheet. Then butter the bottom of a small glass and dip it in sugar, and flatten each cookie with the glass. I have had fine results just dropping spoonfuls of the dough onto a silpat covered baking sheet, and skipping the sugared glass.
Bake for 8-10 minutes, for a cookie with a crunchy outer edge and a chewy center.
In the oven, the edges should look just a little dry and the center of the cookie should be puffed up and soft looking.
lift the cookies from the tray using a spatula and put them on a rack to cool.