Brinjal Chutney/ Eggplant Chutney
Tomato - 2 big
Red chillis - 4/5
Urad dhal - 1 tbsp
Oil for frying
1. Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a heavy bottom frying pan.
2. Add urad dhal & fry until it becomes golden color. Then remove the fried urad dhal from pan and keep it in a plate. Let it cool.
3. Next add red chillis to the same oil, fry it for a minute & take the red chillis out of frying pan & place it in the same plate.
4. Now add the sliced brinjal, tomato, asafoetida & salt. Fry until the tomato & brinjal gets cooked. Once brinjal & tomato are cooked, allow it to cool.
5. When all the fried mixture are cooled, add them to the mixer & grind to paste.
6. Brinjal chutney is ready. Brinjal chutney will be yummy with hot idli & dosa.