Cheddar Polenta with Sun-dried Tomatoes & Shrimp
about 1/3 - 18 oz precooked polenta tube
1/2 cup cheddar cheese
1/4 cup red onions, finely chopped
12-14 large shrimp, shelled
8 sun-dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoon garlic powder
chives, finely chopped (for garnish)
1 lemon juice, freshly squeezed
salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook polenta according to the package directions and towards the end add cheddar cheese. Reduce heat and allow cheese to melt slowly then combine them together.
- In a skillet heat oil over medium heat, sautee onion until translucent then add sun-dried tomatoes allowing it to soften for 2-3 minutes.
- Add shrimps to the skillet, cook until it is no longer pink.
- Season it generously with salt, pepper, garlic powder and stir everything together.
- Remove from heat.
- In a plate, put polenta then top it with sun-dried tomatoes & shrimp. Drizzle lemon juice.
- Garnish with chives and serve it warm.