Technique: Storing Cheese
After you've bought your favorite cheese and brought it home, it's a good idea to remove it from the plastic wrap or plastic bag it was packaged in. The wrapping the cheese comes in from the store is only good for moving the cheese from the store to your home.
Once at home, re-wrap the cheese in either parchment paper or wax paper before storing it in your refrigerator. This will allow circulation of air and moisture around the cheese - a process that is integral to keeping the cheese in great condition and keeping it longer and fresher.
Related Tools & Techniques
- How to Store Your Groceries
- Technique: Canning
- Technique: Raw Pack
- Technique: Storing
- Technique: Working With Hot Peppers
- Technique: Adding Liqueur To Desserts
- Technique: Serving Food In Pumpkins
- Technique: Substitute Honey For Sugar In Baking
- Technique: Microwaving Mushrooms
- Technique: Grating Cheese