Technique: Storing Cheese
After you've bought your favorite cheese and brought it home, it's a good idea to remove it from the plastic wrap or plastic bag it was packaged in. The wrapping the cheese comes in from the store is only good for moving the cheese from the store to your home.
Once at home, re-wrap the cheese in either parchment paper or wax paper before storing it in your refrigerator. This will allow circulation of air and moisture around the cheese - a process that is integral to keeping the cheese in great condition and keeping it longer and fresher.
Related Tools & Techniques
- Technique: Raw Pack
- Technique: Canning
- Technique: Storing
- Technique: Growing Carrots: Tips & Tricks To A Successful Carrot Crop
- How to Store Your Groceries
- Technique: Freezing cheese
- Does Butter Have To Be Stored In The Refrigerator?
- How Do I Store Vanilla Beans?
- How To Store Potatoes
- Technique: technique: diagonals cutting