Technique: Freezing Unused Wine For Cooking
Have you ever opened a bottle of wine for cooking, only for 3/4 of the bottle to go unused and dumped down the drain a few days later? Opened white wine should always be stored in the refrigerator, but it only keeps for 3-5 days, and even red wine stored in a dark place hits its expiration in a few days.
Unused wine can be divided into tupperware containers (1/2 cup premeasured proportions) for freezing. So instead of running to the liquor store next time you're cooking, just pull some leftover wine from the freezer!
Related Tools & Techniques
- Technique: Cooking With Red Wine
- Technique: Zipper Bag Freezing
- Technique: Freezing Herbs
- Technique: How To Freeze Greens: Collards, Mustard, Spinach, Swiss Chard, Kale
- Technique: Freezing cheese
- Technique: Freezing Tofu
- Technique: Individually Quick Freezing
- Technique: Freezing
- Technique: Inoculation
- Technique: Cellaring