Persimmons kale avocado soup
2 whole Persimmons
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 ½ tsp garlic (crushed/chopped)
½ cup onions (chopped)
2 cups baby kale (chopped)
4 cups vegetable stock
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp crushed pepper
1 tsp oregano
1 whole avocado (skin and seed removed)
1. Roughly chop the persimmons and keep it aside (let the skin be on)
2. In a nonstick sauce pan heat oil over medium flame.
3. Add garlic and onions and sauté for 1 minute.
4. Add persimmons and sauté again for 2 minutes.
5. Add kale and cook for 1 minute or till the point kale starts getting soft.
6. Add vegetable stock, mix, cover and boil for 3-4 minutes.
7. Turn off the flame and let it cool for a while.
8. When cooled blend it smooth in a blender.
9. Pour the soup again in the sauce pan and turn on the flame.
10. As soon as the soup starts to boil add salt, crushed pepper and oregano.
11. Mix well and cover and cook for 2 minutes.
12. Turn off the flame. In a bowl roughly mash the avocado with hands.
13. Just before serving add the mashed avocado and mix again.
14. Garnish with more fresh persimmons if desired and serve warm with your favorite crackers.