Flourless pancakes with berry compote
• 2 eggs (free range if possible)
• 1 ripe banana
• 1 cup fresh or frozen berries of your choice
• 1 tbsp water
• 1 tsp chia seeds
• 2 tsp butter or coconut oil
• Make the compote ahead of time to save time. It will last for 2-3 days in the refrigerator.
• As there is no flour in the batter, it is slightly more fragile than traditional pancake batter.
Batter – In a small blender, puree banana and eggs until smooth. Heat medium sized non-stick pan over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes or until hot. Add ½ of your butter/coconut oil to the pan and let sit for 30 seconds to heat up. Pour in batter slowly and make 4-6 small pancakes per pan. They should be the size of a soup can. Once browned on both sides, transfer to a plate.
Compote – In a small pot, add berries, water and chia seeds. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes until berries have broken down and the sauce has thickened. Spoon over pancakes and serve.
It only takes about 10 minutes to cook a wholesome meal that will give you enough energy to start the day off right. This healthy flour less pancake takes no time to make and will fuel you for the day.
Thursday, December 24, 2015 - 7:50am