Your children will probably think you are the coolest parent in the world after you make them Harry Potter-inspired Butterbeer Cupcakes. Awesome food blogger AmyBites (check her out) ventured down to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal’s Islands of Adventure park and had a great time. She particularly enjoyed one beverage in particular— the butterbeer.
For those of you who aren't huge Harry Potter fans, butterbeer is a fictional beverage from the Harry Potter world. No one, of course, has any idea how it tastes, but Amy describes the park's interpretation as a "better" butterscotch-style soda. She thought it lent itself naturally to cupcakes and formulated a recipe.
Now, these finished cupcakes are hardly low-calorie. Among their ingredients are butter, butterscotch chips, cream soda, heavy cream, etc. But, they look delicious and every kid in the world would love to get one. Check out the finished product above and tell me they don't look amazing! More pictures on Amy's site.
Weekend baking project?
Photo by AmyBites
- Butterbeer Latte Recipe Inspired by 'Harry Potter'
- Harry Potter's Butterbeer for the 21 and Over Crowd
- Butterbeer Jelly Shots Are for Grown-Up Harry Potter Fans
- Harry Potter Cake Pops are a Whimsical Wizard Treat
- Harry Potter LEGO Cake
- 5 Fantastical Foods for Harry Potter's Final Feature
- 5 Imaginary Harry Potter Foods Brought to Life
- Chocolate Frog Jelly Shots Inspired by Harry Potter
- Magic Edible Harry Potter Wands Perform Tricks
- 3 Harry Potter Cocktail Recipes
- Harry Potter Non-Alcoholic Butterbeer
- Harry Potter Licorice Wands
- Island Haddock simmered in a spicey green curry sauce, inspired by P.E.I.
- Cornelius Fudge
- Caramel Apple Pie Cupcakes
- Tomato Mozzarella Appetizer
- Gingered Pumpkin Cupcakes
- Peanut Butter Cup Cupcakes
- Organic Strawberry Cupcakes