Not all Yelp reviewers have a sterling reputation in the food service community, and this Funny or Die "Yelpers" video pokes fun at the worst of them. Tricia and Johanna, two female Yelp reviewers, head to a local cafe, where they complain about the restaurant's door, cutlery and attentive service.
The Funny or Die "Yelpers" video shows the negative side of foodie culture. The Yelp reviewers depicted seem to have an opinion about everything -- so much so that they don't actually get to look at the restaurant's menu or enjoy its ambience. The video appears below; do you think its portrayal of Yelpers is accurate or overblown?
- University of Illinois Develops Spam Remover to Keep Restaurant Reviews Real
- 5 Best Food Videos of 2011
- Weird Wednesday: Dancing Squid Dishes, Razorblade Salads and Chilly Willy Peppers
- Are You a Member of the Yelp Mafia?
- Tumblr Tuesday: Yelp Parody Blogs
- Company Turns Waitressing Into a Competition
- Yelp Going Public in 2012
- Pizza Hut Offers Gift Cards in Exchange for Lame Gift Pictures
- Appetude Rates the Dishes Rather than the Restaurant
- New Yelp Search Options for Vegans and Vegetarians Make it Easy Being Meat-Free
- Okonomiyaki ("Japanese pancakes" or "Japaneses pizza")
- Banana Rum Cake w/ Caramel Sauce
- Perfect Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes To Die For
- "Gourmet" Pizza Dough
- "Instant" Chocolate Mousse
- "Forgotten" Minestrone
- Deva Naturals, "Bbq'd Mangosteen Chicken Drumsticks" !
- "Not" Cream Cheese Cake
- Navy Bean & Wild Mushroom "Risotto"
- Crispy Grilled Spam "Chips"