If you have any concern for your health or nutrition, this list of fried fair foods isn't for you. But if you're one of the millions of Americans who throw caution to the wind once during the summer and indulge in a little fried fair food, then step right up here, friend. From larded Twinkies to Fried Coca-Cola, it seems like the name of the fair food game is to find the worst thing you can possibly eat, then fry it.
1. Fried Kool Aid
Make a dough using sweet and colorful Kool-Aid for a doughnut you won't see everyday.
2. Chicken Fried Bacon
Because sometimes bacon just isn't fatty enough, some genius--who let's hope is on Lipitor--thought to flour and fry bacon just like chicken. Serve with some fattening sauce, or even gravy for dipping.
3. Deep Fried Twinkies
If Twinkies are so bad for you, then why do they taste so darn good? The secret to making Deep Fried Twinkies at home is freezing the cakes first. Just a tip.
>>Get the recipe for Deep Fried Twinkies
4. Fried Coca-Cola
It's hard to figure just how this works, but Coca-Cola+flour+fried = good.
>>Get the recipe for Fried Coca-Cola
5. Deep Fried Snickers
Snickers are so good all by themselves it might be hard to wait to fry them up! Just like the Twinkies freeze the Snickers before frying. You can use any kind of cany bar you'd like.
>>Get the recipe for Deep Fried Snickers
- Fried Kool-Aid
- Deep-Fried Breakfast Cereal Descends on the San Diego County Fair
- Fried Fair Fare Finalists Announced for 2011 Big Tex Choice Awards: Fried Bubblegum, Walking Taco, Deep Fried Salsa and More
- 5 Vintage Food Commercials From the 1950s
- Kraft Courting Hispanics With New Kool-Aid Ads
- DIY Recycled Juice Pouch Lunch Bag
- Fried Butter on a Stick is Latest Fearsome Fair Food
- Iowa State Fair Sells Deep Fried Butter On A Stick
- Deep Fried Beer: Must Have Or Must Be Kidding
- The Maggot Sandwich is the Latest Freaky State Fair Fare
- Fried Strawberry Filled Twinkies
- Herbed Vegetables In A Feta Quiche With A Wild Rice Crust
- Mighty Arrow Cheddar Soup
- One Thousand Ants - Angel Food Cake
- Triple Threat: Oreo’s, Snicker’s and Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- Really Fattening & Really Delicious Cheddar Cheese Chowder
- Snickers Cake
- Snickers Cheesecake
- Snickers Cookie Bars
- Snickers Dessert