Some people feast on champagne immediately after a championship win; Novak Djokovic snacked on grass after beating Rafael Nadal in the Wimbledon men's singles final. "I felt like an animal," he said of the curious culinary celebration. "I wanted to see how it tastes."
CNN spoke with Carina Norris, a doctor of nutrition, about Novak Djokovic's grassy snack; unsurprisingly, she didn't approve of it, noting that humans' bodies aren't meant to digest silica- and fiber-rich grass. Djokovic, who sticks to a gluten-free diet, said that the grass tasted "quite well, really."
- Not MY Plate
- 3 Nutrition Myths That Need Busting
- Clean Living Tuesday: EWG Meat Eater's Guide
- 8 Ways To Spice Up Your Homemade Juice Creations
- 7 Toxic Foods that Even the Experts Avoid
- Super Sunday Roast Beef
- It's a Zucchini Party
- 6 Tips for Health Conscious Dining
- Gluten Free Superstar
- Valerie Bertinelli Shares Top Holiday Weight Loss Tip
- Brown Sugar Sponge Cookie w/ Chocolate Covered Caramels
- Broccoli florets with Gorgonzola dressing
- Red Palm Oil, Fish Fillet with Mushrooms & Kale.
- Black Forest Sundae
- Baked S'mores Oatmeal
- Flourless Honey Almond Cake Without Eggs
- Roasted Rosemary Potatoes
- Cod Fillet In Lemon Grass Shallot Sauce
- Seafood Risotto Saffron With Lemon Grass Sauce
- Spicy Grilled Lamb Steak