I thought we had seen it all, deep fried Kool Aid, fried butter, and deep fried twinkies but Charlotte Motor Speedway in Charlotte, North Carolina, is serving up some food I have never seen at the race track.
In honor of the Bank of American 500 Spirit Cup Race, they are offering new concession items. One of these new items is the "funnel bacakonator," a funnel cake drizzled with chocolate and strawberry syrup and then topped with bacon. Another new dish on the menu is a burger topped with pimento macaroni and cheese and pork rinds.
Have we gone too far? If these high-calorie, high-fat foods are any indicator, then the answer is yes.
- Indianapolis Motor Speedway Runs Anti-Hot Dog Billboard
- Fair Fare: 4 Fantastic Funnel Cake Recipes & Photo Tutorial
- Red Velvet Funnel Cakes Will Bring the Carnival to Your Kitchen
- NutriSmart Edible RFID Tags: The Future of Food Tracking?
- Gas-Powered Drink Blender Upcycles a 1958 Johnson Outboard Motor
- The 'Goodbye Nachos' Video Shows an Unhealthy Relationship Between Man and Nachos
- 5 Ridiculously Unhealthy Fast Food Choices
- What Obama Ate While Tracking Bin Laden
- What Side of the Tracks are Your Veggies From?
- Coca-Cola and the Movies Infographic Tracks Product Placement
- Funnel Cake
- Funnel Cakes
- Gluten Free Funnel Cake
- Charlotte Tiramisu Cake With A Hint Of Baileys - Heaven In Mouth
- Motor Oil
- Bacon Potato Cake with Cheese
- Baked Eggs and Bacon Cream In Spinach Fettuccine Nests
- Potato, zucchini, red bell pepper, with bacon and herbs baked in a pot.
- Race Car Pancakes
- Bacon Brownie Cupcakes