November 14, 2011
These cute individual pumpkin cheesecakes are a fun and interesting way to present dessert on Thanksgiving. You can pick up the mason jars at any cookware or hardware store and you may even be able to find them at your local supermarket. Mason jars are obviously great for canning (think cranberry sauce) but also double as wonderful vessels for baking. In the summertime, I like to serve cocktails in them. This is a delicious Thanksgiving dessert that everyone will love.
2 cups Oreo cookies OR gingersnap cookies crumbs (crushed in blender)
6 tbsp (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, melted
4 (8oz.) packages cream cheese, room temp.
1 3/4 cups sugar
1 (15oz.) can pumpkin
5 eggs, room temp.
1 1/2 tbsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tbsp ground ginger
1/4 tbsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tbsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp vanilla extract, room temp.
2 tbsp flour
1/2 cup chopped pecans
Preheat over to 350 degrees
Combine Oreo (or gingersnap) cookie crumbs w/ melted butter and mix
Split evenly between jars (about 1tbsp each) and press to the bottom to make the crust
In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy
Add the pumpkin and beat until incorporated
Beat in the eggs, one at a time
Add the cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, salt, and vanilla and beat until incorporated, then add flour and incorporate.
Pour the filling evenly into the jars, leaving room on top for the cheesecake to rise (1/2-1 inch)
Place the jars in roasting pans and fill the pans halfway with boiling water. Careful not to splash any water in the jars. You can also place the roasting pan on a large cookie sheet to make it easier to move around.
Bake 60-70 minutes. They should not jiggle when shaken.
Remove from oven and sprinkle chopped pecans evenly on top.
Begin placing lids on the jars, and close tightly. The jars will make a popping sound when they seal.
Let cool for about 2 hours then place in the fridge. Eat when completely cooled. best on day 2-4.
- Hassel-Free Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe
- 5 Best Gluten Free Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipes
- Light and Healthy Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes
- 5 Must Try Gluten Free Pumpkin Cookie Recipes - Allergy Friendly
- Must-Make Handheld Pumpkin Pies
- Decadent Desserts: No Bake Turtle Pumpkin Pie, Gluten Free
- Stress-Free Pumpkin Pie and Other Easy Thanksgiving Desserts
- Food Fight: Pumpkin or Pecan Pie? Both! Gluten Free
- How to Avoid a Cracked Pumpkin Pie
- Gluten Free Perfect Pumpkin Desserts from Jules Shepard