An easy chocolate frosting recipe is a must-have for any baker. It can be your go-to frosting when you are crunched on time and money. Canned frosting does not compare to the flavor the homemade version. You can use this frosting on just about any cake and it will taste good.
1 stick (8 tbsp) unsalted butter
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup milk (can use half and half for creamier frosting)
1 tsp vanilla extract
Melt the butter in a medium to large heat proof bowl.
Whisk in the cocoa powder and salt.
Milk the vanilla into the milk
Alternate adding 1 cup powdered sugar and milk, starting and ending with powdered sugar.
Whisk until smooth. Taste and adjust sweetness and consistency to your preference.
- Best Chocolate Buttermilk Cake with Chocolate Frosting
- Hummingbird Cake with Butter Pecan Frosting
- Decadent Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes for Dad
- Beautiful Sweet Potato Cake With Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting.
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Cupcakes
- Easiest Rainbow Cake Ever
- Marvelous Meyer Lemon Ginger Cupcakes with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
- Amazing Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake
- Chocolate Cherry Cordial Cupcakes are Perfect for Your Sweetheart
- Dairy Free & Delicious: Earl Grey Cupcakes with Lemon Frosting
- Chocolate Milk Cupcakes with Creamy Peanut Butter Frosting
- Banana Chocolate Chip Cake With Peanut Butter Frosting - gluten free, dairy free, soy free
- Overnight Whole-Wheat Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Filling and Chocolate-Peanut Butter Frosting
- Chocolate Cupcakes With Buttercream Frosting ^^
- Chocolate Cupcakes with Vanilla Whipped Cream Frosting
- Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cups
- Peanut Butter Cup Cupcakes
- Tea At Tiffany's - Chocolate Soy Milk Cupcakes With Robin Blue Cream Cheese Frosting
- Almond Butter and Chocolate Squares
- GLUTEN-FREE BROWNIES WITH CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING