An easy chocolate frosting recipe is a must-have for any baker. It can be your go-to frosting when you are crunched on time and money. Canned frosting does not compare to the flavor the homemade version. You can use this frosting on just about any cake and it will taste good.
1 stick (8 tbsp) unsalted butter
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup milk (can use half and half for creamier frosting)
1 tsp vanilla extract
Melt the butter in a medium to large heat proof bowl.
Whisk in the cocoa powder and salt.
Milk the vanilla into the milk
Alternate adding 1 cup powdered sugar and milk, starting and ending with powdered sugar.
Whisk until smooth. Taste and adjust sweetness and consistency to your preference.
- Peanut Butter Cup S'moero Bars are a Mouthwatering Mishmash
- Best Chocolate Buttermilk Cake with Chocolate Frosting
- Decadent Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes for Dad
- Hummingbird Cake with Butter Pecan Frosting
- Insane Oreo Peanut Butter Brownie Cakes
- Buttered Rum Mug Cake and More from Best Mug Cakes
- Easy Holiday Dessert: No-Bake Peppermint Oreo Cheesecake
- Johnny Cupcakes Frosting T-Shirts Are for Stylish Sugarholics
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Cupcakes
- Chocolate Cherry Cordial Cupcakes are Perfect for Your Sweetheart
- Banana Chocolate Chip Cake With Peanut Butter Frosting - gluten free, dairy free, soy free
- Chocolate Milk Cupcakes with Creamy Peanut Butter Frosting
- Overnight Whole-Wheat Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Filling and Chocolate-Peanut Butter Frosting
- Chocolate Cupcakes with Vanilla Whipped Cream Frosting
- DAIRY-FREE COCOA CUPCAKES WITH PEANUT BUTTER FILLING, MARSHMALLOW FROSTING
- Peanut Butter Cookies With Chocolate Chunks
- Peanut Butter Cup Cupcakes
- Almond Butter and Chocolate Squares
- Tea At Tiffany's - Chocolate Soy Milk Cupcakes With Robin Blue Cream Cheese Frosting
- GLUTEN-FREE BROWNIES WITH CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING