Black velvet cake is a decadent dessert. This dark chocolate cake uses black onyx cocoa powder which has a very dark color and intense chocolate flavor. It can be found in specialty food store or online. Black velvet cake is so rich and delicious, it will hard to just have one slice.
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar + 2 tablespoons
1 cup unsweetened black onyx cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup cold espresso (I used regular coffee)
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup canola oil
1/4 cup Bailey’s Irish Cream
Preheat oven to 350°.
Spray one 10" Bundt pan or two 9" rounds with a nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
Make a well in the center and pour in the eggs, coffee, Bailey’s, milk and oil. Mix until smooth, batter will be thin, very thin so don’t be alarmed.
Pour into prepared pan.
Bake in the preheated oven for (35 to 40 minutes for bundt or 25 minutes for 9" pans) or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool. I used a Bundt pan and it baked for an hour. Granted my oven is temperamental. Make adjustments according to your oven But give it at least the minimum times indicated.
- Decadent Black Forest Cupcakes
- Delightfully Delicious Black Forest Cake
- Decadent Flourless Chocolate Cake with Chai Cream
- Decadent Chocolate Recipe: Stout Brownie Sundae Floats
- Decadent Chocolate Stout Ice Cream
- Decadent & Healthy Vegan Chocolate Pudding
- Rich and Decadent Chocolate Gelato
- Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Shot Glasses Are Indulgent and Decadent
- Scary Good Black Foods for Halloween
- Mousse On the Menu: 5 Decadent Recipes
- Decadent Black Forest Cake
- Choco-Coco-Banana Cake
- Black Velvet - Adapted From Paula Deen
- Rhiw Chocolate Decadence Cake
- Chocolate Chip Devil's Food Cake
- Decadent Chocolate Wafers
- Chocolate Cake With Blackberry Buttercream
- Chocolate-Date Cake with Chocolate Sticky Toffee Glaze
- Banana Chocolate Chip Cake With Peanut Butter Frosting - gluten free, dairy free, soy free
- Decadent chocolate muffins