The Long Island Iced Tea is a beverage enjoyed by many, but how many know the real story behind it? PBS did a video profile of the man behind the drink responsible for many nights of debauchery, Bob Butt.
Butt created the Long Island Iced Tea at a bartending competition in the 1970s. The rules included the use of triple sec, so Butt decided to go with "everything white at the bartender's stations." In the video, Butt says he never expected the drink to become so popular.
Check out more of the story behind the Long Island Iced Tea below!
- 3 Stories Behind Your Favorite Foods
- Thirsty Thursday: Tea & Alcohol
- Ice Cream Stores Sues Over Unfavorable Story
- 7 Pound Butt Roast Takes How Long To Cook In Crock Pot
- Innovative New Ice Cream Shops
- Devonshire Apple Dappy
- Seattle Distilling Coffee Liqueur- Discovery!
- 5 Secrets for Brewing the Perfect Glass of Iced Tea
- A Summer Tea Time Menu You Won't Want to Miss
- 5 Great Green Tea Recipes