The Long Island Iced Tea is a beverage enjoyed by many, but how many know the real story behind it? PBS did a video profile of the man behind the drink responsible for many nights of debauchery, Bob Butt.
Butt created the Long Island Iced Tea at a bartending competition in the 1970s. The rules included the use of triple sec, so Butt decided to go with "everything white at the bartender's stations." In the video, Butt says he never expected the drink to become so popular.
Check out more of the story behind the Long Island Iced Tea below!
- 3 Stories Behind Your Favorite Foods
- 7 Pound Butt Roast Takes How Long To Cook In Crock Pot
- Ice Cream Stores Sues Over Unfavorable Story
- Devonshire Apple Dappy
- 5 Secrets for Brewing the Perfect Glass of Iced Tea
- Innovative New Ice Cream Shops
- 5 Refreshing Iced Tea Recipes to Sip on During National Iced Tea Month
- What's Hot: Thai Iced Tea
- 7-Eleven Offers Free Iced Tea June 10-15
- What Is The Difference Between Thai Ice Tea and Frappe