If you're among those lucky enough to eat peanuts then read on because we have a treat for you! Not only are these delicious homemade granola bars chock full of peanuts, creamy peanut butter and raisins, they're also lusciously laced with cinnamon, honey, brown sugar and butter. Whip up a batch of these for an easy breakfast treat or afternoon snack. We think the addition of mini chocolate chips wouldn't be a bad idea either.
Double Peanut Granola Bars
Submitted to Foodista by Robin Duke
2 cups (500 mL) old-fashioned rolled oats
¾ cup (175 mL) peanuts, chopped
¼ cup (60 mL) raisins
2 tbsp (30 mL) ground flax seed (optional)
½ tsp (2 mL) cinnamon
¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
⅓ cup (75 mL) liquid honey
¼ cup (60 mL) peanut butter
¼ cup (60 mL) brown sugar
3 tbsp (45 mL) butter
Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Grease an 8x8-inch (20x20-cm) baking pan and line with parchment paper, letting it stick and hang over the pan. In a large bowl, stir oats with peanuts, raisins, flax seed, cinnamon and salt.
Place honey, peanut butter, brown sugar and butter in a medium saucepan set over medium-high heat. Stir constantly until sugar is dissolved and mixture boils around edges, about 1 minute. Pour over oatmeal mixture and stir well to combine.
Using damp fingers, press firmly into pan. Bake in preheated oven until edges are a deep golden brown, about 25 to 30 minutes.
Cool completely in pan. Using the parchment paper, remove to a cutting board then discard parchment. Slice into bars and store in an airtight container.
- Must-Make Recipes for Your Memorial Day Barbecue
- 5 Must-Make Summer Grilled Pizzas
- Two Must-Make Mexican Breakfasts: Chilaquiles Rojos and Migas con Huevos
- Must-Make Scrambled Egg-Stuffed Poblano Chiles With Spicy Cheese Sauce
- Must-Make Breakfast Recipe: Eggs in a Basket
- Must-Make Bourbon Apple Glazed Cedar Plank Salmon
- 5 Must-Make Turkey Chili Recipes
- Must-Make Red Velvet Cookies with Cream Cheese Icing
- Must-Make Breakfast: Healthy Black Forest Baked Oatmeal
- 10 Must-Make Slow Cooker Soup, Chowder and Chili Recipes