These Easter bunny cookies are an easy project to do with the kids. This recipe utilizes store bought cookie dough and shapes it into bunny heads using a knife instead of a cookie cutter. Once baked and cooled, you can decorate them with frosting, candy, and colorful sprinkles.
Easy Easter Bunny Cookies
1 roll Pillsbury® refrigerated sugar cookies
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup fluffy white whipped ready-to-spread frosting (from 12-oz container)
Decorating icing or gel
Assorted small candies or decors
In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Stir or knead in flour until well blended. Reshape into log. If too soft to cut into slices, refrigerate up to 30 minutes.
Heat oven to 350°F. Cut cookie dough into 16 slices; cut 8 of the slices in half down the center. To make 1 rabbit cookie, place 1 whole slice on ungreased cookie sheet for head; place 2 halves on top, slightly overlapping on whole slice, for ears. Repeat to make 7 more rabbit cookies, placing 2 inches apart.
Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
Frost cookies with frosting; decorate with icing and candies.
Editorial disclosure: Foodista was not paid for this post
- Bunny Buns Cookies
- Cute and Tasty Easter Bunny Cake
- Super Easy Bunny Pops
- Unfortunate Chocolate Bunny Sugar Cookies Add Amusement to Your Easter
- Easter Bunny Monkey Bread
- Amazing Bunny Cake Pops for Easter
- Kid-Friendly Bunny Puffs
- Easy Easter Bunny Cake
- Edible Easter Bunny Cupcake Toppers
- Carrot Cake Cookies are a Easter Treat
- Easter Bunny's Vegan Ambrosia Salad
- Easter Nest Sweet Cake With Sour Cream-Royal Icing and Pistachios
- Unstuffed Turkey Cabbage- Sans the Cabbage
- Orange Scented Steam Cake with Strawberries
- Deep Fried Kebbeh
- Ginger Cookies- gluten free, soy free, vegan
- Christmas Rainbow Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe
- Bunny Cake
- Rainbow Cookies-Pink for Breast Cancer Awraeness Month