There is something so adorable about bunnies jumping down their rabbit hole. Earlier this month, I shared a recipe for brownie bunny butts but if you aren't a fan of chocolate, you might prefer these bunny buns sugar cookies instead. You can either use store bought sugar cookie dough or you favorite sugar cookie recipe to make this Easter treat.
Bunny Buns Cookies
1 roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated sugar cookies
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 container (12 oz) fluffy white whipped ready-to-spread frosting
Pink gel food color, if desired
22 miniature marshmallows
Assorted size candy sprinkles
Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, knead cookie dough and flour with hands until well mixed.
Reshape dough into 9x1 1/2-inch log.
Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate 30 minutes.Remove plastic wrap. Cut cookie dough into 33 slices. Cut 11 slices into 4 equal wedges; shape each wedge into ovals for bunny feet. Place cookie dough slices and bunny feet on ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 8 to 12 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
In medium microwavable bowl, stir frosting and 1 to 3 drops pink food color until well blended. Microwave uncovered on High 10 to 15 seconds or until soft but not translucent.
To make bunny butt, frost 1 whole cookie slice and 2 bunny feet with frosting. Place bunny feet on bottom of cookie as shown in photo. Place 1 marshmallow in center of each cookie for tail. Decorate bunny paws with candy sprinkles. Repeat with remaining cookie slices and bunny feet.
- Cute and Easy Easter Bunny Cookies
- Super Easy Bunny Pops
- Unfortunate Chocolate Bunny Sugar Cookies Add Amusement to Your Easter
- Easter Bunny Monkey Bread
- Amazing Bunny Cake Pops for Easter
- Kid-Friendly Bunny Puffs
- Easy Easter Bunny Cake
- Edible Easter Bunny Cupcake Toppers
- Carrot Cake Cookies are a Easter Treat
- Hop into Spring with Brownie Bunny Butts
- Easter Bunny's Vegan Ambrosia Salad
- No Yeast Hot Cross Buns
- Chocolate-Peppermint Thumbprint Cookies
- Easter Nest Sweet Cake With Sour Cream-Royal Icing and Pistachios
- Unstuffed Turkey Cabbage- Sans the Cabbage
- Orange Scented Steam Cake with Strawberries
- Deep Fried Kebbeh
- Ginger Cookies- gluten free, soy free, vegan
- Christmas Rainbow Cookies
- Bunny Buns