This grill-tastic steak recipe works with any cut of beef, but we love flank steaks for their lean and beefy taste and their ability to soak up marinades especially well. Marinating for a few hours will ensure your steak has that bold steakhouse flavor, so get your meat marinating in the morning and it will be ready for the grill when you get home! We love serving any grilled steak with a zesty gremolata, a simple and flavorful garnish of chopped parsley, lemon or orange zest, and garlic. It’s a great way to add a bright burst of flavor to both meats and fish.
Serve alongside tender roasted baby potatoes, fresh corn on the cob slathered with herb butter, and green salad dressed with a simple vinaigrette. Dining outside with family or friends and a nice bottle of wine is highly recommended. Enjoy!
Grilled Marinated Flank Steak with Orange Gremolata
1 1/2 - 2 pound flank steak
For the Marinade:
1/2 cup dry red wine
3/4 cup water
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup olive oil
The juice of one large lemon
1/4 Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp ground pepper
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 tsp thyme
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 whole bay leaves
For the Orange Gremolata:
Zest of 2 oranges, grated
2 cups loosely packed flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
1 medium clove garlic, very finely chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
Place meat in a shallow dish or a large zip-lock bag.
In a medium bowl, combine the marinade ingredients and stir. Reserve about 1/2 cup of the marinade for basting. Pour the rest of the marinade over the meat, turning to coat all sides. Cover and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight. TIP: Start marinating in the morning, then it’s ready for the grill when you get home!
Remove from marinade (discard marinade) and grill over medium heat, basting occasionally, until your desired doneness.
Slice flank steak against the grain and serve with the orange gremolata (instructions below).
For the gremolata: Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Satisfying Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes
- Grilled Mojito Chicken Bowls with Quinoa
- How to Make the Best Spiced Chicken Breasts
- Easy Dinner Recipes: Grilled Mexican Chicken Sandwich
- Quick and Easy Chicken Breast Sandwich Recipes
- Killer Kale Salads for Everyday Meals
- 4 Vegetarian Recipes with a Pop of Pesto
- The Easiest Grilled Chicken Breast Recipe Ever
- Easy Vegetarian Meals to Make for Meatless Monday
- Savory Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Roasted Asparagus with Egg Salad
- Salmon Gremolata
- Just in time for grill season, terrific tips for the perfect steak
- Cod With Gremolata, Capers and Sauteed Beet Greens
- INDIAN 5-SPICE TOMATO RELISH
- Grilled Potatoes
- Grilled Sirloin finished with Black Pepper Chevre
- Spicy Grilled Corn
- Roasted Corn on the Cobb
- Ffwd: Fresh Tuna, Machengo and Basil Pizza, gluten free and on the grill