Chicken Egg Rolls
1. 1-2 packages of egg roll wraps
(depending on how many are in the package try to buy enough for 18 rolls)
(3-piece, your choice of thigh or breast, preferably boneless)
3. 1 lb package of cabbage
4. 1 cup of olive or vegetable oil
(Set aside some extra oil for coating)
5. 2 tablespoons of teriyaki sauce
6. 1 cup of Barbeque sauce/ 1 tablespoon
7. 2 teaspoons of brown sugar
1. Pre heat oven to 350 degrees
2. Take 1 cup of barbeque sauce and place in a bowl.
3. Place chicken in the bowl and cover with barbeque sauce until fully coated.
4. Put in chicken in a pan, and place in the oven for 30 minutes.
5. Take the chicken out, flip over and switch the oven temperature to 400 degrees.
6. Put the chicken in the broiler for a maximum of 3 minutes till brown.
7. Once cooled off, cut the chicken into tiny pieces, and put on the side until egg roll mixture is complete.
~Egg Roll Mixture~
1. Place the cabbage in a large pan to sauté
2. On a medium heat, add 1 cup of olive or vegetable oil and stir.
3. Add 2 tablespoons of teriyaki sauce, 1 tablespoon of barbeque sauce, & 2 teaspoons of brown sugar.
5. Add the chicken into the mixture and stir.
6. Once the cabbage has shrunk to about half its size, turn the stove off but keep the pan on the stove in order that the cabbage remains to cook from the heat.
1. Place an egg wrap on a plate and brush the side of the egg roll that the mixture will be placed on with olive or vegetable oil.
2. After brushing the side, take 2 tablespoons of the mixture and place on the wrap toward the end versus placing in the middle.
3. Flip the wrap with the mixture once, then fold the ends (in order that they are tucked in); continue rolling the wrap until the end.
4. Lay egg roll in a baking pan and continue this process until the mixture and wraps are finished.
5. Once all placed in a pan, brush the top of the rolls with some olive or vegetable oil and sprinkle some brown sugar on top.
6. Place in the oven (still on the 350 degrees) for 30 minutes.
7. Once golden brown, take out and let cool off for 10 minutes before serving.
This tastes great dipped in duck sauce!