Tool: Bamboo Steamer
The Bamboo Steamer is a very useful kitchen tool that has been used for centuries in Asian Cooking. It is a multi-layer container that allows different types of foods to be cooked at the same time. Each layer has an open weave bottom which allows steam to pass through and cook the food.
It is usually placed over boiling water in a wok. Then some form of liner material like parchment paper is used to line the steamer before placing the food inside. Materials such as banana leaves and corn husks can also be used to impart additional flavor to the food.
Related Tools & Techniques
- Tool: Small Bamboo Steamer
- Tool: Silicone Vegetable Steamer
- Tool: Bamboo Sushi Mat
- Tool: Electric Steamer
- Tool: Milk Steamer
- Tool: Chany 6" mirror polished ceramicknife W/ bamboo/African ebony handle
- Tool: Mechanical Scale
- Tool: Gum Paste Tool
- Tool: Squeezable Decorating Tool
- Tool: Collapsible Measuring Cups