Everyday after soccer practice, I would wait for the familiar ringing of bells from the elote vendor. A man would travel around the park selling ears of corn slathered with mayonnaise, cheese, chile powder, and lime juice. After an intense hour workout me and my teammates craved those elotes. Now, I am not a fan of mayonnaise but it works really well in this dish, by far my favorite way to prepare grilled corn. This updated version places grilled corn into a wholly different flavor profile. I think you are really going to love this recipe.
8 ears corn, shucked
1/4 cup melted butter
1 tablespoon cilantro
1 clove garlic, minced
2 teaspoons chile powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
2/3 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
3/4 cup grated cotija cheese
Preheat a grill to medium-high heat.
Brush the corn with melted butter. Grill the corn until hot and lightly charred all over, 7 to 10 minutes, depending on the temperature of the grill.
In a bowl, mix the cilantro, garlic, chile powder, salt, mayonnaise, and lime juice. Spread the mayonnaise mixture evenly over the corn, and sprinkle with cotija cheese.
Serve warm with lime wedges.
- How to Make Mexican Style Grilled Corn
- 5 Must-Try Corn Recipes for the Summer
- Spicy Grilled Corn Soup
- 5 Corn Recipes That Will Put Those Cobs to Good Use
- Easy Dinner Recipes: Grilled Mexican Chicken Sandwich
- Quick and Easy Mexican Corn Dip
- The Classic Cuban Sandwich
- 5 One Skillet Meals You Have to Cook
- Top 5 Tequila Recipes
- Mexican Al Pastor Burgers
- Spicy Grilled Corn
- Mexican Grilled Corn
- Black Bean and Fresh Corn Tacos
- Mexican Black Bean and Spice-Rubbed Tofu Torta with Puerto Rican inspired Tostones
- Seasoned Burgers
- Kiwi-Tomatillo Salsa Verde
- Smoky Chicken Tacos
- Roasted Corn on the Cobb
- Tortillas With Beef and Mexican Cabbage Salad
- Mexican Corn Casserole