By now you may have heard the story of an Oak Park, MI woman who is facing up to 93 days in jail for growing veggies in her front yard. Times are tough, and growing food for your family does make a lot of sense, but treating people who do as common criminals does not.
The Bass garden has become a community effort, and even has the neigborhood kids eating (and growing) their veggies! Protect the rights of Julie Bass and her fellow citizens, by signing the petition that will hopefully prevent her from doing jail time.
- Lafayette Greens is a Detroit Garden That Benefits the Gleaners Food Bank
- Tumblr Tuesday: 5 Urban Farming Tumblr Blogs
- Aquaponic Urban Food Jungle is a Produce-Filled Utopia
- Urban Farming Tools is a Space-Saving Five-Piece Set for City Farmers
- Largest Rooftop Garden Takes Root In Berlin
- Food Corps the Inspiration for a Generation
- A Community Center for the Mind, Body, and Spirit
- Teacher Ordered to Tear Down Urban Garden
- Urban Cultivator Turns Any Interior Into a Garden
- Gardening for Good Behavior
- Spring Risotto with Shrimp, Asparagus and Artichoke Hearts
- Horseradish and Garden Vegetable Dip
- Make Olive Garden’s Delicious Pasta Fagioli At Home
- Become Stronger and Get Hard Muscles!
- Roasted Sunchoke Soup
- Homemade Peach Pie
- Roasted Plum Oatmeal
- INDIAN 5-SPICE TOMATO RELISH
- Garden Patch Salsa
- Garden Cheese Filling