Ever thought of using apple juice in your cocktail recipes? You will now! Sour Apple and Big Red need not apply - this roundup is for sophisticated cocktails only! Even though apple juice may not seem like the most grown up ingredient, once you try these autumnal beverages, you'll never look at a juice box the same way again. Fresh apple juice is a great sweetener and substitute for simple syrup - in the appropriate combination! Here are three of my favorite fall cocktails using apple spirits and fresh pressed juice.
Fresh apple juice and Løitens Linie Aquavit (a Norwegian spirit) make for a spicy, lightly sweet cocktail with all the flavors of autumn: cardmom, cinnamon, apple and clove.
Harvest Apple Cooler
With Lillet Blanc and apple-infused vodka, this cocktail tastes like a fresh, crisp apple. My favorite combination is to leave off the simple syrup, cut the gingerale in half and fill the rest with fresh pressed (non alcoholic) cider.
North by Northwest
A creation from bartender Evan Zimmerman, this super seasonal cocktail will have you begging for more! Apple brandy, apple juice and a dash of apple butter (?!) make for an unforgettable beverage.
- 5 Perfect Pomegranate Cocktails
- More Weird Ways to Use Cherries
- Thirsty Thursday: 5 Best Gluten Free Summer Cocktails
- 5 Must Try Apple Recipes For Autumn
- Pina Colada Popsicles
- 6 Must Try Cocktail Popsicle Recipes
- 3 Must Try Disaronno Cocktails
- 3 Hot Cocktails for Winter's Worst Weather
- Sunday Sippin': Top 10 Watermelon Cocktails
- 5 Heavenly Hot Toddy Recipes