May 23, 2012
These simple BBQ shrimp skewers with pineapple and bacon are an easy main dish for Memorial Day. If you are a fan of Hawaiian pizza, the same flavors appear in these skewers. The bacon and pineapple are a nice contrast to one another (salty and sweet) and pair well with the tamer shrimp. Serve your shrimp skewers alongside a refreshing slaw salad and maybe some brown rice.
15 strips bacon
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon onion, minced
8 ounces pineapple juice
4 ounces orange juice
1 pound of shrimp, peeled and de-veined
1 whole fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and chunked
Preheat oven to 350 F degrees
Meanwhile add olive oil to a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
Add onion and garlic and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes.
Add ginger and lemon juice.
Repeat this process until all the shrimp and pineapple are skewered.
- Jägermeister-Kissed Chicken Skewers with Blood Orange Aioli
- Must-Try Teriyaki Chicken and Pineapple Kebabs
- Dynamite Bacon Wrapped Grilled Corn
- Thai Grilled Shrimp
- Easy Dinner Recipe: Tequila Lime Shrimp
- Grilled Romaine Salad with Bacon and Blue Cheese
- Meatless Monday: Grilled Vegetable and Pineapple Salad
- Super Easy Rum Glazed Grilled Pineapple
- Simply Summer: Rum-Glazed Pineapple
- Ginger and Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Shrimp, Pineapple and Bacon Skewers
- Chipotle Bacon Bombs on a Stick
- Greek Grilled Shrimp Skewers
- Grilled Rosemary Skewers of Steak Wrapped in Pancetta & Sausages
- Rum-Glazed Grilled Pineapple
- Chicken/Coconut/Pineapple Kabobs
- Yucatan Shrimp
- Spicy Garlic Shrimp Barbequed Pizza
- Cheesy Bacon Burger with Spicy Chipotle Aiolo Sauce
- Roasted Asparagus with Egg Salad