May 23, 2012
These simple BBQ shrimp skewers with pineapple and bacon are an easy main dish for Memorial Day. If you are a fan of Hawaiian pizza, the same flavors appear in these skewers. The bacon and pineapple are a nice contrast to one another (salty and sweet) and pair well with the tamer shrimp. Serve your shrimp skewers alongside a refreshing slaw salad and maybe some brown rice.
15 strips bacon
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon onion, minced
8 ounces pineapple juice
4 ounces orange juice
1 pound of shrimp, peeled and de-veined
1 whole fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and chunked
Preheat oven to 350 F degrees
Meanwhile add olive oil to a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
Add onion and garlic and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes.
Add ginger and lemon juice.
Repeat this process until all the shrimp and pineapple are skewered.
- Easy Dinner: Sweet and Savory Chinese BBQ Chicken Skewers
- Jägermeister-Kissed Chicken Skewers with Blood Orange Aioli
- Flank Steak Kebabs and Other Skewered Meals
- Amazing Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Burger Recipe
- Great Grilled Bison Skewers with Pesto Dipping Sauce
- Bacon Chili Dogs and Other Memorial Day Mains
- Mouthwatering Grilled Spring Asparagus With Bacon Vinaigrette
- Grilled Garlic Herb Shrimp and Other Summer Shrimp Dishes
- Creamy Shells and Shrimp Salad
- 4 Delicious Ways to Cook with Pineapple
- Shrimp, Pineapple and Bacon Skewers
- Shrimp & Scallop Skewers (some call them kabobs)
- Chipotle Bacon Bombs on a Stick
- Greek Grilled Shrimp Skewers
- Grilled Chicken Skewers with Asian Flavors
- Grilled Rosemary Skewers of Steak Wrapped in Pancetta & Sausages
- Chicken/Coconut/Pineapple Kabobs
- Rum-Glazed Grilled Pineapple
- Barbecued Baby Back Pork Ribs and Bush's Grillin' Beans
- Yucatan Shrimp