Fuss-free chicken biryani allows you to spend more time with your family and less time in the kitchen. This is a quick and easy recipe that requires few ingredients and very little effort. Cubes of chicken are simmered in a prepared biryani sauce (found in the Asian section at your supermarket) that is spiked with white white. This fragrant and flavorful sauce is made from a combination of onions, garlic, tomatoes, and a ton of spices. Serve your chicken biryani with plenty of Basmati rice.
1 tablespoon butter (15 mL)
4 pounds skinless boneless chicken breasts about 1 ¼ (625 g)
1 tablespoon biryani sauce (15 mL) or biryani paste
1/4 cup dry white wine (50 mL) or apple juice
1/4 cup sour cream (optional) (50 mL) light or regular
In a large frying pan set over medium-high heat, melt butter. Lightly sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken to pan and cook until lightly browned, about 2 minutes per side.
Whisk biryani with wine until fairly well blended. Pour over chicken. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer until chicken feels springy, about 4 minutes per side.
Remove chicken to a platter. Loosely cover to keep warm. Then increase heat to high and boil sauce until reduced to approximately 3 tablespoons (45 mL), about 3 minutes. Stir in sour cream, if using. Drizzle sauce over chicken and serve with Basmati rice and stir-fried crunchy vegetables.
- The Perfect Condiment, Homemade Zaatar
- Curry Chicken Naan Wraps
- Creamy Chicken Curry
- Marvelous Mango Curry Chicken
- Delicious Chicken Tikka Masala
- Madhur Jaffrey's Easy Chicken Korma
- Tropical Grilled Chicken Kebabs
- Around the World in 4 BBQs
- Meatless Monday: Tasty Tabouleh
- DIY Gluten Free Baba Ghanoush
- Algerian Chicken With Olives
- Fuss Free Biryani Chicken
- Musakhkhan- Chicken With Flat Bread and Sumac- مسخن فلسطيني
- Tri-Color Pepper Pita Pizza With Armenian Basturma
- Quick & Easy Mini Pizza Buns!
- Mediterranean Chicken Sandwiches
- Chicken Biryani with Hard Boiled Eggs
- Chicken and Mixed Vegetables
- Grilled Chicken Kebab
- CHICKEN MAJBOOS