Here in Seattle we're passionate about our local seafood, and to us, oysters are at the top of the list. Throughout the year we enjoy them on the half shell, tossed in seafood stew, smoked, roasted, you name it! This roasted oysters recipe is the perfect elegant appetizer for the holiday season. Tender oysters (author Erin Coopey uses a local variety, but select which is freshest near you) are roasted with a splash of cream, garlic, bacon, and Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese then finished with freshly ground black pepper. Pair these delicious oysters with a good demi sec Champagne for a delightful treat.
1 dozen large oysters, in the shell (I used Samish Bay)
1 cup heavy cream
1 to 2 cloves garlic
4 strips of cooked bacon, crumbled
1/3 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano (go for the good stuff here, not the old green can!)
Fresh cracked black pepper
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
Peel and slightly crush the garlic. Add the garlic and heavy cream to a small sauce pan.
Heat to a simmer and reduce by half (approximately 10 minutes). Remove from heat.
Scrub the oysters with a wire brush until clean. Shuck the cleaned oyster and place them on a baking sheet. (Note: Shake a layer of rock salt onto the baking sheet before placing your oysters. This will help them to stay upright and level while roasting.) Sprinkle with bacon crumbles. Spoon 1 ½ teaspoons of Parmigiano Reggiano onto each oyster. Then spoon on heavy cream dividing it equally among the oysters.
Roast the oysters until they are hot and the cream has begun to bubble and brown, approximately 10 minutes.
- Cajun Shrimp Etouffee
- Last Minute Vegan Gluten Free Desserts
- Seriously Best Ever Bourbon Cranberry Sauce - Cranberry Craze Pt 2
- Stop Everything And Make These Spring Onion And Cheddar Scones Right Now
- Gluten Free Stuffed Mushrooms 3 Ways
- 11 Easter-Themed Drinks To Spice Up Any Easter Party
- Easy Homemade Cranberry Sauce with Port & Pears
- Easy Entertaining: 3 Must-Try Gluten Free Appetizers
- 3 Minute Cranberry Relish - No Cooking Required
- Easter Brunch Recipe: Bacon Pull Apart Bread