Thanksgiving may be over but you've got plenty of food. Check out these 3 leftover turkey recipes that combine creativity and deliciousness. And you can further dress up these dishes by pairing each with a wine that makes skipping Black Friday and all holiday shopping crowds that much easier.
The image featured above shows how charming and comforting anything is when it's served in a ramekin and topped with a flaky crust. I like to pair a pot pie with a California Chardonnay that's not afraid of a little oak, but adds a refreshing kick on the finish. Like the CrossBarn, a cool Sonoma project from world-traveling winemaker Paul Hobbes.
These festive bites deserve something equally jazzy in your glass: bubbles. Try the Sokol Blossor Evolution Sparkling. This Oregon wine, with a slight suggestion of sweetness, will be great with the brie.
Yeah, the recipe calls for chicken but you can totally substitute turkey. And, hey, if you've got some leftover (unsweetened) pumpkin puree, you're practically in the home stretch. With this dish, I like a lighter-style red wine served with a slight chill on it. Try a Pinot Noir or Beaujolais.
And if you are going to have the old standby, a classic turkey sandwich, don't forget to add some cranberry sauce to it. And pour yourself some rosé.
Happy Thanksgiving Leftovers!
Jameson Fink has been working in the wine industry and blogging about wine since 2004. Saveur Magazine nominated his site, jamesonfink.com, for a 2013 Best Food Blog Award in the Wine/Beer Category. He is a tireless advocate for year-round rosé consumption and enjoys a glass of Champagne alongside a bowl of popcorn.
- Turkey Day Leftovers: Turkey Banh Mi Vietnamese Sandwich
- Hardest Wine Pairing Possible
- The Perfect Cabernet To Pair With Your Father's Day Meal
- Have Fun Pairing Wine With Thanksgiving Dinner
- McDonald's Wine Pairings: Confessions of a Big Mac Lover
- Wine Pairing: Warm Goat Cheese Salad
- 3 Savory Vegetarian Pumpkin Recipes Paired With Wine
- Top 12 Holiday Wines Under $25 With Cheese & Recipe Pairings
- Meatless Monday Wine Pairing: Grilled Potato Salad With Herb Dressing
- The Keep Calm and Drink On Wall Decal Promotes Partying
- Turkey soup with tomatoes and herbs.
- Mexican Turkey and Dumplings
- Turkey Waldorf Salad
- Braised Cabbage and Chard With Turkey Kielbasa
- Italian Turkey and Eggplant Casserole
- Savory Rosemary Turkey Cutlets With Fingerling Potatoes and Zucchini
- Fresh Herbed Turkey Burgers
- Garlic Roasted Turkey Breast
- Easy 30 minute ready potato “sails” with turkey ham, onion and cheese
- Roast Turkey Stock