A simple dinner of clams in white wine is a comforting and simple meal, especially when enjoyed with toasty garlic bread and a good bottle of wine.
Linguine and Clams In Garlic White Wine Sauce
Submitted to Foodista by The Red Spoon
10 cloves garlic, smashed
5 dozens little neck clams, scrubbed under cold running water
2 cups white wine
2 pinches of crushed red pepper flakes
1 pound linguine
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley, plus additional for garnish
2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano leaves, plus additional for garnish
1 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
Kosher salt to taste, if necessary
Bring a large pot of water to a boil over medium heat. Add pasta and cook until al dente (just tender).
While pasta is cooking, coat a large stock pot, as she does on the show with olive oil and add 5 garlic cloves and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Bring pan to medium high heat and cook until garlic becomes golden brown. When garlic is golden brown and very aromatic, remove it and discard.
Put clams in the pot and add the wine. Cover the pan a bring to a boil over medium heat. Cover and cook until the clams open up, about 8-10 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove the clams from the pan and set aside. Discard any unopened shells! Pour the cooking liquid into a measuring cup and set aside.
Mince remaining smashed garlic cloves. Coat the same pot again with olive oil and add garlic and another pinch of red pepper flakes. Bring pan to medium-high heat and cook garlic for a minute or two (don’t let it get brown). Add the reserved clam cooking liquid to the pan. When adding the liquid, be sure to check for sand and grit in the bottom, you may lose the last couple of tablespoons of juice but that is better than sand in your pasta!
Add the butter and cooked clams back to the pan.
Bring the liquid to a boil and toss in the cooked pasta and the herbs. Cook the pasta together with the sauce until the sauce clings to the pasta. Turn off the heat and toss in the grated Parmigian-Reggiano, if using. Stir vigorously to combine.
Garnish with more fresh herbs and Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
- Easy Weeknight Dinner: Buffalo Chicken Lasagna
- Mad Men Inspired Linguine With Vodka Sauce and Shrimp
- Chanterelle And Smoked Bacon Linguine
- Easy Dinner Recipe: Mediterranean Style Linguine
- Grilled Garlic Herb Shrimp and Other Summer Shrimp Dishes
- Spaghetti with Clams
- Healthy Family Dinner: Pasta with Cauliflower and Brussels Sprouts
- Baked Roasted Garlic Pasta Primavera
- Easy Weeknight Dinner: Pierogi Casserole
- 4 Vegetarian Recipes with a Pop of Pesto
- Linguine and Clams In Garlic White Wine Sauce
- Linguine With Cherrystone White Clam Sauce
- Tomato Linguine
- Linguine Al Pesto Genovese
- Italian Linguine al Pesto
- Zucchini and Cauliflower Linguine
- Pasta With White Clam Sauce
- Linguine With Garlicky Clam Sauce
- Linguine With Clam Sauce
- Linguine With White Clam Sauce