January 13, 2014
With a batch of pizza dough, your favorite cheeses and a little ground sausage, you can make an incredibly easy stuffed bread for a weeknight stromboli. This user-submitted recipe uses mozzarella, asiago and parmesan cheeses in a creamy blend that sticks to sage-tinged sausage.
Submitted to Foodista by Rants Raves and Recipes
1 recipe pizza dough
1 pound loose sausage
1/2 cup Mozzarella diced small
1/2 cup Asiago diced small
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
1/2 cup fresh parsley chopped
Preheat oven to 350°
Fry up the sausage, breaking it up into small pieces. Once cooked, drain and place into a bowl. Add the cheeses, parsley and one egg and combine completely.
Roll the dough out to about a 12 X 9 rectangle. For easiest results, place the dough onto the baking sheet before forming the log. Place the sausage in the center of the dough and pull the long sides of the dough up and over the sausage, forming a roll. Now fold the ends up and over to encase and seal. Turn the roll over so the folded seams are on the bottom.
Beat the second egg and brush over the top of the roll.
Bake at 350° for about 1/2 an hour until top is golden brown. Remove from oven and let rest for about five minutes before slicing.
- What's Hot: Easy Southwest Style Mac And Cheese
- Sunday Suppers: Easy Baked Ziti with Italian Sausage
- Quick and Easy Andouille Sausage and Potato Hash
- Fall Back Black Eyed Pea, Sausage, and Kale Stew
- Daylight Savings Time Soup with Sausage and White Beans
- Family Dinner: Gluten Free Sausage and Vegetable Pasta Bake
- What's Hot: Fettuccine With Smashed Peas
- Super Yummy: Savory Sausage Spinach and Artichoke Bread Pudding
- Rockin' Rigatoni With Sweet Sausages In Creamy Tomato Sauce
- Top 5 Fish Taco Recipes - Perfect For Summer!
- Easy 30 minute ready potato “sails” with turkey ham, onion and cheese
- Soup with meatballs, mushrooms,spaghetti and cheese
- Pumpkin Crème Soup with Shrimp, Cream Cheese and Basil
- Apple, cinnamon and walnut rolls + cream cheese crispy rolls!
- Baked bread rings stuffed with meat and cheese.
- Vegan spicy sautéed mushrooms in 10 minutes.
- Fast and simple baked chicken with apple and strawberry
- Potato, zucchini, red bell pepper, with bacon and herbs baked in a pot.
- Button Mushrooms stuffed with minced meat with lemon basil and grapes.
- Ariba Fajita Bowls