Grilled pizza is a convenient way to enjoy your favorite comfort food without turning on your oven. Cooking pizza crust on the grill might seem intimidating at first but once you've tried it a couple of times, you'll be making grilled pizza all summer long.
The key to a successfully pizza on the grill is to cook the crust for a few minutes before adding on your toppings. This step is important because it allows your crust to begin to crisp before other ingredients are added. In other words, cook the dough for a few minutes, flip it, and then top it. By the time your pizza is ready to come off the grill your crust should be sturdy with just the right amount of char for the distinct smoky flavor.
Cooking time varies tremendously depending on how big your pizza is and the thickness of your dough. As a general rule, the grill should be around 600 degrees Fahrenheit. I would begin checking your pizza after it's cooked for 2 minutes and again after 5 minutes once its flipped and been topped.
Grilled pizza is a delicious summer meal that can become a staple on warm nights. Keep the toppings seasonal, use what's available in your garden and at your local farmer's market to make so dynamite combinations.
- How-To Recipe: Deep Dish Pizza on the Grill
- How to Make Stuffed Crust Pizza Just Like Pizza Hut
- How-To Recipe: Chicken Yakitori
- How-To Recipe: Easy Pizza Dough
- How-To Recipe: Chicken Pot Pie
- How to Pick a Sweet and Juicy Watermelon Every Time
- 5 Must-Make Summer Grilled Pizzas
- The Easiest Grilled Chicken Breast Recipe Ever
- Quick and Easy Grilled Chicken for Independence Day
- Grilled Fruit Pizza
- Grilled Pizza Dough
- Barbecued Baby Back Pork Ribs and Bush's Grillin' Beans
- Ffwd: Fresh Tuna, Machengo and Basil Pizza, gluten free and on the grill
- Video: How to Make Italian Coffee at Home
- Barbecue Pork Buns – Dim Sum
- How To Make Fried Chicken Without Frying?
- Roasted Corn on the Cobb
- Spicy Garlic Shrimp Barbequed Pizza
- Just in time for grill season, terrific tips for the perfect steak
- Roasted Asparagus with Egg Salad