Question: What Part Of The Beef Tenderloin Is Called Filet Mignon?

December 30, 2009


Gina Marie Barone's picture

Filet Mignon is cut from the tenderloin of the short loin. It can be found in the middle of the back between the sirloin and the rib. If not cut into filet mignon steaks, it is a roast sometimes called chateaubriand.