Technique: Serving Food In Pumpkins
You will need as many mini-pumpkins as you have servings. Wash pumpkins thoroughly with warm, soapy water. Rinse well. Cut off tops as you would a jack-o-lantern. Remove seeds, replace top, and put in shallow baking pan filled with about 1/4-inch of water. Cover with foil and bake at 375F until tender, when pierce with a fork, about 30 minutes.
-For a main dish: Ground turkey filling as in stuffed bell peppers. Use your own recipe, and prepare as you would peppers.
-For a dessert: Bake as above, but place, teaspoon candied ginger in cavity before baking. Cool thoroughly. Fill with low-fat instant vanilla custard or pudding and chill. Sprinkle with nutmeg before serving.
Related Tools & Techniques
- Technique: Substitute Honey For Sugar In Baking
- Technique: Serving
- Technique: Growing Carrots: Tips & Tricks To A Successful Carrot Crop
- Crazy Food Serving Techniques of India
- Technique: Salting
- Technique: Raw Pack
- Technique: Canning
- Technique: Zipper Bag Freezing
- Technique: Molding
- Technique: Blind Baking Crusts