Harry Potter fanatics are all geeked up for the movie premiere of the final installment, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows, Part 2. Here are three killer Harry Potter cocktail recipes to help you get into the Harry Potter spirit and drown your sorrows when it's all over.
1. The Hermione Granger
The Backyard Bartender concocted cocktails for all of the Harry Potter main characters, but the Hermione Granger is the perfect choice for your Harry Potter cocktail party, especially if you plan to have lots of ladies. It's the perfect girly drink.
- 1.5 oz sloe gin (get the Plymoth. usually I'm not a big pusher of top-shelf liquors, but trust me: you need the Plymoth. use the cheap sloe gin and this cocktail will taste like medicine.)
- 1 oz gin
- .75 oz Pama pomegranate liqueur
- .5 oz red grapefruit juice (Rio star!)
- 1.5 oz brut champagne
>>Get the rest of the cocktail recipe from the Backyard Bartender
2. Goblet of Fire
A premier sake is the poison of choice for the Goblet of Fire cocktail from the Orlando Sentinel. With Kahlua and a dash of cinnamon set aflame, who wouldn't be in the mood for a little magic after a couple of these?
- 2 ounces TY KU Citrus Liqueur
- 1 ounce Kahlua
- 1.5 ounces cream
- 1 ounce Bacardi 151
- Ground cinnamon
>>Get the rest of the cocktail recipe from the Orlando Sentinel
3. Bellatrix Lestrange
The Little Pink Blog also has a formidable collection of Harry Potter cocktail recipes. One of the best is the Bellatrix Lestrange.
- 1 oz Vodka
- 1 oz Bailey’s Irish cream
- 1 oz Amaretto
- 1 oz cream
- Chocolate syrup
- Top with cinnamon/crushed almonds
>>Get the rest of this and other Harry Potter cocktails from the Little Pink Blog