Dr. Oz Approved Crash Diet: The Details

June 17, 2012

Dr. Oz has approved his first crash diet, a 7-day diet created by Dr. Joel Fuhrman that is based on food density. Dr. Oz has shared all the diet details on his blog

For one week, 90% of food intake is nutrient-dense foods like vegetables, fruits, seeds, nuts, beans and whole grains. The other 10% should be healthy oils, meats and dairy. 

Breakfast should include light foods like fruit, oat and flax. Beans are the main ingredient in a typical lunch that can be consumed in a burger, chili or as a dip. For dinner, green vegetables should be the main event -- salads, vegetable pizza, or a green stir-fry. 

Image Sources: