It's Valentine's Day and I want to write about something other than gooey chocolate desserts to tantalize your loved one. I want to write about love. And why not? Today is the day of love! At least Hallmark's version of it, but we suck it up every year, don't we?
Since I write about food I thought, "Why not create a recipe for love?" I know, I know...how utterly cheesy. But, before you lose your breakfast or click ctrl + alt delete, bear with me. I got shot by Cupid's arrow - that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
So here goes...
Recipe For Love
Mix together the following:
- A bunch of kindness and selflessness
- A whole lot of happiness, joy and hope
- Handfuls of honesty and integrity
- Equal amounts of loyalty, respect and devotion
- Mix in forgiveness and understanding
- Add a healthy amount of gratitude, humility and generosity
- Fold in handfuls of tenderness and adoration
- Season to taste with humor and laughter
- Add a pinch or two of silliness (I obviously add a great deal of this)
Combine above ingredients together and sift out judgment, grudges, bitterness and hate.
Feel free to add more of a particular ingredient. It will only add to the flavor.
Bake for a lifetime.
Be sure to taste the results first to savor your creation.
Share with your loved ones, then keep the leftovers on a pretty dish for the rest of the world to enjoy.
Happy Valentine's Day!