This whipped cauliflower recipe is so simple and fabulous that you can serve it for dinner topped with toasted pine nuts and a vibrant salad (like this Kale Salad with Cranberries and Walnuts) or simply use it as an alternative to a whipped potato in a side dish.
Cozy Whipped Cauliflower & Thyme
Serving Size: 4 (150 calories per serving)
Personalize this dish with slightly more or less butter and salt as you see fit. I thought three tablespoons of butter was just about right for me. And if you don’t have pine nuts, I think slivered almonds would also be nice here.
1 medium head cauliflower
4 sprigs fresh thyme, stems removed
drizzle of milk (I used an almond milk), or water
1-3 tablespoons butter
pinch sea salt, pepper
1/4 cup pine nuts
Learn more about the better-for-you ingredients in this recipe:
Cauliflower – Cauliflower is rich in vitamin C which helps to support a healthy immune system and assists with detoxification. Cauliflower also contains a good amount of fiber, folate, and B vitamins (which among many things help to keep you energized!).
Wash and cut cauliflower into small pieces.
Simmer cauliflower in a large pot with water until fork tender, about 8 – 10 minutes.
Remove cauliflower from pot and place into a food processor (or high powered blender) with a splash of milk or water and a tablespoon of butter. You’ll want just enough liquid to make the blades turn. Purée until smooth. Set aside.
Toast pine nuts in a dry skillet over medium heat until just brown. Set aside.
Using the same skillet over low heat, melt one tablespoon of butter with the thyme leaves until just fragrant (about 1-2 minutes).
Pour cauliflower purée into a mixing bowl and drizzle the warm butter and thyme over the top. Serve with a sprinkle of nuts. Enjoy!
- 15 Minute Spa Meals: Warm Carrot Salad
- 15 Minute Spa Meals: Warm Sage Vegetable Burgers
- Spa Meals: Vibrant Spring Green Salad
- Spa Meals: Falafel Pockets
- 15 Minute Spa Meals: Thyme Quinoa Salad
- Spa Meals: Asparagus Chickpea Burgers
- 15 Minute Spa Meals: Vibrant Green Juice
- 15 Minute Spa Meals: Quick and Easy Vegetable Burgers
- 15 Minute Spa Meals: Healthy Detox Salad
- Ann Gentry's Vegan Family Meals: A Review
- Easy Breakfast Cookie
- Simple and Satisfying: Stuffed Peppers
- Pumpkin, celery root and carrot salad
- Creamy Artichoke Dip with Dill
- Vegan Strawberry Shortcake served with Vegan Whipped Cream
- Cranberry Pudding with Coconut Whipped Cream-gluten free, vegan
- Galaxy Nutritional Foods Dairy-Free Cheesecake Ice Cream
- Pumpkin Carrot Soup
- One Pan Lemon Chicken
- Triple Chocolate Vegan Banana Bread